Collection of Personal Information
We may and do collect Your Personal information in the course of carrying out our business. In this Policy, ‘Personal Information’ and ‘Sensitive Information’ have the same meanings as they have in the Privacy Act 1988. Such information includes:
- Name and address;
- Day phone number;
- Email address;
- Date of Birth;
- Transaction History;
- Product preferences;
- Information regarding promotions and other service of Plank and Trestle; and
- Information pertaining to membership;
Personal Information regarding your use of the Plank and Trestle website may also be obtained through the use of ‘cookies’. Plank and Trestle will not collect sensitive information without your consent, unless it is necessary for such information to be collected for an activity or function and will not collect any such information in a secret or dishonest way.
Use of Personal Information
The information collected by Plank and Trestle from you is utilised primarily to ensure supply of goods to you, and to assist us in personalising and improving the shopping experience for all our past, current and future customers. However, we may also use and disclose your personal information for additional purposes, including, but not limited to the following:
- To assist in the development of information technology requirements, systems maintenance and developmental issues;
- To analyse information for product development, marketing and research purposes and to improve and extend our range of services;
- To investigate and resolve complaints concerning the provision of services by us or others associated to us;
- Marketing directly to you in accordance with the National Privacy Principles;
- Disclosure of your personal information to any other organisation or person involved in carrying out any necessary function or activity on our behalf, including couriers, complaints handling and fraud prevention, whether within Australia or overseas;
- Disclosure of your personal information in a manner authorised or required by law;
- For any unrelated secondary purpose to which you consent;
- For compliance with any legislative and regulatory provisions;
- Moreover, we shall not utilise personal information without taking reasonable steps to ensure that the information is accurate, complete and up to date.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Plank and Trestle may use and disclose your personal information for approved purposes and in a variety of ways associated with approved purposes. This includes the following:
- Plank and Trestle may disclose personal information to related or unrelated third parties if consent has been obtained from you.
- Plank and Trestle may disclose personal information between related body corporates. In circumstances where information is disclosed to related body corporate’s, they are bound by the original primary purpose for which the information was collected.
- Plank and Trestle may disclose personal information to unrelated third parties to enable outsourcing of functions for purposes including, but not limited to billing, customer relations management and order fulfilment. This will be done when such disclosure is within your reasonable expectations.
- Plank and Trestle may disclose personal information to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, Courts or external advisors where permitted or required by law.
- Plank and Trestle may disclose personal information to avoid an imminent threat to a person’s life or to public safety.
- Plank and Trestle does not sell or share its customer lists on a commercial basis with third parties, but in the event that we did, it would be done only if the appropriate consent of the individuals have been obtained. In this circumstance, Plank and Trestle will take steps to ensure that the use of its customer list by the third party does not exceed the scope of the content.
- Where disclosure is not for a primary purpose or other purpose indicated above, then it will be for a related secondary purpose.
Security and Quality of your Personal Information
Plank and Trestle will take reasonable steps to ensure that any of your personal information that is collected, stored, used or disclosed by us is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To do so, Plank and Trestle shall do the following:
- Plank and Trestle will review its collection and storage practices on a regular and ongoing basis to determine how improvements to accuracy of your personal information can be achieved.
- Plank and Trestle requires its employees and contractors to perform their duties in a manner that is congruent with our legal responsibilities in relation to privacy.
- Plank and Trestle will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all paper and electronic records that contain personal information will be stored in a facility that will not allow unauthorised access.
- Plank and Trestle will review its information security practices on a regular and ongoing basis to determine how improvements to security can be achieved
Access of Personal Information
Plank and Trestle shall take reasonable steps to limit access to personal information by doing the following:
- Plank and Trestle will allow access to personal information records by the relevant individual, should such requested access be in accordance with the Privacy Act.
- Plank and Trestle will correct its personal information at the request of the individual concerned as soon as practicable, and in accordance with the Privacy Act. Should an individual wish to correct their personal information, they should contact Plank and Trestle directly.
- Plank and Trestle may charge a fee for process of an access request if such a request is complex or resource intensive.
Cookies and other technologies
As is standard practice on many business websites, Plank and Trestle may utilise cookies and other technologies to assist us in determining what components of our website are most popular, and to ensure that our online advertising is bringing customers to our products and services.
Cookies may also be utilised to study traffic patterns and most importantly, to ensure that your experience in interacting with us is convenient.
Are Your Personal Account Details Safe When Being Transmitted?
Plank and Trestle endeavours to protect your personal information during its transmission. Customer account information provided through this site is held in a secure server environment behind Plank and Trestle firewalls.
As we only process online payments via Paypal, any financial information is collected only by Paypal and Plank and Trestle does not have access to your payment or credit card details.
Are Your Personal Account Details Stored Safely?
Plank and Trestle shall take reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal information held by it from such risks as loss or unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure of data. Plank and Trestle only permits your details to be accessed by authorised personnel.
This Privacy Statement may change from time to time. These changes shall be highlighted in this area at the time of amendment. This policy was last updated on 12/06/2019.
If you no longer wish to receive our eNewsletter and promotions from Plank and Trestle, please click on the unsubscribe link included in the footer of our emails.